TRACK MEMBERSHIP & RULES
9 laps equals a mile *Walkers stay to the outside and Runners stay to the inside. No strollers permitted *Group of walkers must be no more than 2 lanes wide. $25.00 annually per person – Must be 14 years of age. Includes Track and Locker Room only. Gardendale Senior Residents (65+) are free to use the track.
RESIDENT & NON-RESIDENT FEES
Includes Cybex Room, Cardio Room, Free Weight Room, Basketball Court, Racquetball Court and Track. If a 14 year old has a Full Membership and wants to go in the Weight Room, they must be supervised by an adult (18 years or older) that will except full responsibility for them. Before going into the Weight Room, the 14 year old must come to the front desk with the adult to inform staff.
A resident is defined as living INSIDE THE CITY LIMITS of Gardendale. Two proofs of residency are required, i.e., utility bill, personal check, or valid driver’s license. Every time membership is renewed, proof of residency and filling out NEW paperwork is required.
Retired Gardendale Military Veterans are entitled to a Free Full Membership.
Fitness Membership Rates for the Gardendale Civic Center
|Rate Description||Gardendale Residents||Non-Residents|
|Track Only (per person)||$25.00||$25.00|
|Full Family *||$280.00||$140.00||$330.00||$165.00|
*Anyone living at home age 23 and under qualifies for Family Membership
GUEST FEE – $8.00 A DAY
LOCKERS are available on a daily basis only.
Individual furnishes their own lock and removes it each time. Failure to do so will result in the lock being cut off by staff.
DRESS CODE FOR FITNESS FACILITY
*SHOES – Tennis shoes only! No work shoes, work boots, street shoes, sandals, flip-flops or any other open toe shoe is allowed in the gym or fitness area. Any tennis shoe with a black sole that marks the floor surface may not be worn.
The Civic Center is a family fitness facility and modest apparel for working out is required.
* Inappropriate clothing will be determined by the Civic Center Staff.
* Cover ups must be worn over workout attire to and from workout areas.
* Shirts must be worn at all times.
* No short-shorts allowed.
WEIGHT ROOM, BASKETBALL COURT & TRACK POLICIES
(Monitored by closed circuit TV)
* 30 Minute Weight Limit on all Machines.
* Dropping weight plates and dumbells will not be tolerated.
* Solution to wipe down the machines after each use is provided in each workout area.
* Re-rack all plates and dumbbells when finished.
* No full court
* Hanging on goals & slam dunking will result in suspension.
INDOOR TRACK (9 Laps equal a Mile)
* Walkers should stay to the outside of the track and runners stay to the inside.
* Strollers are not permitted on the track.Infant backpacks may be used.
* Group of walkers must be no more than 2 lanes wide.
RACQUETBALL COURT RULES
* Players will be required to furnish their own equipment.
* There will be no charge for those who purchase Full Memberships.
* Those who purchase Basic (Track) Memberships will pay $2.00
* Guests of Members will pay $8.00
* All participants must wear protective eye wear.
* The court will be available by reservation and may be reserved one day in advance to guarantee the date and time requested.
* Courts may be reserved one day in advance.
* Reservations are for one hour only. Courts will be held for only 15 minutes after reservation time.
* Names and phone numbers of both players are required at the time reservation is made.
* No back-to-back reservations are allowed.
* Players are notified when their court time is expired.
* Only white-soled tennis shoes are allowed.
* No black balls will be allowed.