Obtaining a Warrant
- The incident occurred in the city limits of Gardendale, the offender is over 18 years of age, an incident report was filed with the Gardendale Police Department.
- Allow 48 hours for the incident report to be processed as there is a possibility an investigator may be assigned to the case and refer the Complainant to make an appointment with the Municipal Court Magistrate.
- Appointments are made by calling the Gardendale Municipal Court Magistrate at 205-631-7155.
- The Complainant will be placed under oath by the Magistrate and be asked to give a sworn statement in writing. Should the Magistrate determine that there is sufficient probable cause that an offense was committed and that the person named committed the offense, then a warrant of arrest will be issued. The Complainant will be required to appear in court and to give testimony.
- Defendants are allowed to make bond according to the approved bail/bond schedule.